1) Its okay to leave the Beach
2) Raising your voice won’t make people understand English any better
3) Read up on the local culture and RESPECT IT
4) Take the time to understand where you are
5) If you want to take a photo or consult your map, just move to the side
6) Skip the Big Mac
7) Stop expecting everything to be the same as home
8) Your guidebook is not the Bible
Awesome post! More people need to read this! Too many sucky tourists about, it’s all about being a great tourist to get the most out of your time abroad.
Love the term ‘jerknugget’ too! Haha!
Also… as much as I agree with ALL of these, there’s one which I tend to do – I admit it! I eat at McDonalds on holiday… but only because I like to try the ‘non-UK’ menu items… in Lisbon I had a McFrango (!) and in Egypt they serve a McArabia, in Italy they had an awesome Pistachio flavoured McFlurry, but don’t judge me… I do make an effort to try all the local, more traditional dishes too 😉