Archives of Adventure has been nominated for the Liebster Award!
Now now, before you start ordering your congratulatory gift baskets, let me give you a bit more information about this award.
This award is passed around among the blogging community to give encouragement to newbies, and to encourage networking among bloggers. So while I’ve been nominated by Dave & Angela over at Dang Travelers, now I must answer their questions, come up with my own questions, and pass the award on to 11 other bloggers.
Here are the questions I was asked:
1) If you had to describe your blog in three words, what would they be?
Adventurous. Quirky. Creative.
2) How long have you been blogging?
Almost three entire months now!
3) Do you have a significant other? If so, how did you meet?
I have an amazing husband, who has been incredibly supportive of my blog. We met in high school. *cue collective awwwwww*
4) Do you travel full-time or part-time?
I’d love to try traveling full time, but right now I’m a part-timer.
5) What was your first big travel adventure?
Definitely moving to Australia in the 9th grade. Completely turned my world around and changed my life forever!
6) What is your next travel destination?
Guatemala in July 2016!
7) Who is your favorite person you met while traveling and why?
Oh man, I’ve met so many incredible and influential people while abroad. I couldn’t possibly choose one favorite.
8) What are the three must-haves in your bag when you travel?
Motion-sickness pills, a camera, and cool sunglasses.
9) What is your favorite mode of transportation?
Well, we all know I have a love/hate relationship with road trips. And pretty much every mode of transportation makes me sick. But I’d probably have to say I enjoy me a good train ride.
10) If you had to give one piece of advice to someone who wants to travel more, what would it be?
Life is too short to deny yourself of incredible experiences. Make travel your top priority and you will travel more.
Here are the bloggers I’ve nominated:
Jojo – Expedition Jojo
Christina – Laughter Without Fear
Hannah – The Naturalized New Yorker
Jessica & Marco – Travel to be Alive
Anita – Life in the USA
Tess – Angean Blog
Yvette – Whirl of Wanderlust
Maria – Maria Abroad
Stefanie – Adventure Girl
Megan – Half This World Away
Christopher – Rudderless
As part of the nomination, here are the rules:
– Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog
– Answer the questions they asked you
– Nominate 11 other bloggers, and let them know of the nomination
– Create a new list of 11 questions for your nominees
Questions for my nominees:
1) How did you decide to name your blog?
2) What are some of your favorite travel shows/books?
3) If there was one thing you could improve about your blog, what would it be?
4) What has been the most rewarding part of blogging so far?
5) What has been the most frustrating part of blogging so far?
6) What are three things you’ve learned since you started blogging?
7) What is your most favorite travel memory?
8) What is one souvenir that you collect when you travel?
9) Do you prefer to travel to big cities, warm beaches, quiet forests, or snow-covered mountain tops?
10) What advice would you give to a blogger just starting out?
Thanks again to Dave and Angela with Dang Travelers! It’s been a great adventure getting to connect with you and with others in the blogging community! I wish you all the best of success with your blogs, and happy travels!