There comes a time on an airplane where you run out of things to do. You can’t fall asleep. You finished your book. And you just cannot stand to do another crossword. You’re desperate for something to do to pass the time.
But never fear!
For I have created for you, 12 Obscure Things to do on a Plane to Help Pass the Time.
1. Build a Blanket Fort
Implement a secret password for entry
2. Put on a Show with Sock Puppets
Include show-stopping musical numbers and a surprising twist at the end
3. Challenge your Neighbor to a Pretzel-Eating Contest
Time it and declare a victor. Bonus points if you can get a large group in on this
4. Truth or Dare
Exercise caution and common sense
5. Implement a New Fashion Statement
Use the complimentary sleep masks and blankets
6. Bubble Blowing Contest
Who can blow the biggest bubble gum bubble?
Caution: Incessant popping may annoy other passengers
7. Rate Passengers’ Outfits and Critique Them, Red Carpet Style
Sweatpants must be in season again…
8. Finger Paint
Only if your paints are in 3 ounce containers
9. Play I-Spy
“I spy something that flies…”
Use binoculars and a field guide
11. Improve Your Decorative Napkin Folding
Just ask the flight attendant for a stack of napkins
12. Memorize and Perform the Entire Safety Demonstration
+10 points if its rapped
What are some obscure things you’ve done on a plane to pass the time?